HOUSTON, Texas – April 25, 2023 – Milestone Environmental Services, LLC (“Milestone”), a leading provider of energy waste management services and a developer of carbon sequestration infrastructure in the U.S., today announced the release of its third annual Sustainability Report, Delivering Sustainable Value. The Report outlines the company’s strong Sustainability performance and upgrades to its environmental, social, and governance (ESG) program. Also highlighted is the total amount of carbon sequestered in 2022 by the company—416,732 MT CO2e—up from 328,959 MT CO2e in 2021.
“Milestone has always been a leader in energy waste sequestration, but we’ve also challenged ourselves to be thought leaders in the ESG and Sustainability conversation,” said Milestone Vice President of Sustainability Carolina Ortega. “We believe that Sustainability efforts must be measured on their ability to create or protect value, and we are proud to present the results of our innovative approach to stakeholders and the industry in our 2022 Sustainability Report.”
Highlights from FY22 Sustainability Report:
- Through its energy waste sequestration operations, the Company sequestered 416,732 MT CO2e
- Milestone amended its reported 2021 total carbon sequestered values upward from 276,153 to 328,959 MT CO2e. This restatement was a result of our efforts to update and improve our methodology to better align with EPA guidance and ISO standards.
- The same operation avoided 306,085 MT CO2e of emissions based on the avoided carbon emissions from degradation of hydrocarbons that would have occurred if Exploration and Production (E&P) waste was disposed of via landfarming
- Milestone introduced its Triple Verified program to promote data transparency and rigor
–This program is unmatched in its level of detail and truly unique among waste management service providers
- Through its value-creation approach, Milestone demonstrates how Sustainability drives financial performance
Milestone President and CEO Gabriel Rio added, “Our mission to Clean Up Energy℠ is far from complete. In the coming years, you can expect to see continued development of our energy waste infrastructure, so we can enable our customers to move away from polluting onsite disposal methods. We are also making tremendous progress in Milestone Carbon™, our subsidiary devoted to developing carbon sequestration infrastructure to decarbonize other industrial activities.”
This 2022 Sustainability Report demonstrates how a company like Milestone can be sustainable and profitable at its core, if designed with value-creation objectives in mind. Milestone’s Sustainability Report, Delivering Sustainable Value, can be accessed online here.
About Milestone Environmental Services
Milestone is a Net Negative energy waste management company with assets throughout the Permian Basin, Eagle Ford Shale, and Haynesville Shale, and a leading developer of carbon sequestration infrastructure. We are one of the largest independent energy waste management companies in the United States, and a key business partner to energy companies looking to reduce their carbon footprint through cost-efficient waste management solutions, and to industrial emitters for proven CCS solutions. Our network of slurry injection sites and best-in-class E&P landfills provides a new avenue for management and sequestration of hydrocarbon-rich energy waste streams and CO2 disposal. We are committed to protecting the environment and our communities by offering a better way to manage waste and play a key role in a forward-looking carbon agenda. Milestone is a partner in the transition to a sustainable energy future. For more information, please visit milestone-es.com.
Jessica Corenchuk, email@example.com